Monday, October 17, 2011

New Blog Name inspired by my Love Gets Sweeter dessert table!

I decided to change my blog to "Love Gets Sweeter" after creating a dessert table for one of my dearest friends Geraldine who's wedding is in November 2011! Love does get sweeter every time! 


Especially with a dessert table filled with brownies with walnuts/powder sugar, chocolate chip cookies, white chocolate chips w/ macadamia nut cookies, peanut butter and vanilla candy dipped pretzels, spice, chocolate and red velvet cakepops, chocolate macarons with dark chocolate ganache, pumpkin macarons with pumpkin buttercream and almond macarons with swiss meringue vanilla buttercream filling, and 2 speciality Filipino desserts; which were banana pineapple pancakes and banana lumpias!


This past weekend, my friend Jen (from Make It Pop<www.makeitpopsweets.blogspot.com>) and I packed our goods and had a mini road trip to Las Vegas for Geraldine & Michael's Wedding Shower. 


To create a simple backdrop, we made pompoms using tulle in white and coral! Those turned out great! We set out white table cloths for the tables and arrange coral and ivory daisies. I bought glass vases from the Dollar Tree and I found these awesome 3x5 brown and gold picture frames and printed pictures from their engagement session with Moxie Photography and places those beside the floral arrangement. I asked my sister to make the cakepop stand which turned out perfect! And definitely by shopping around for the flowers in DT LA and buying the vases from the Dollar Tree, I was able to save a lot of money for her sister!


Being a part of the wedding party does have its benefits! I get the opportunity to be creative and let my creativity and party planning dreams flow out like a stream! But the most rewarding part is seeing my friends and their family enjoying every bit of it!


Here are a few pictures from this past weekend:)

Love Gets Sweeter Dessert Table
Cookies, Brownies and Pretzels
Macarons, banana lumpia and banana & pineapple pankcakes


Cakepop stand made by Thy

Our little set up

Cute frames and simple floral arrangement! 

The Bride & Groom

The Hostess & Bride
Bridesmaids, Maid of Honors & the Bride
College Friends :)
The Bride to Be-Geraldine:)




No comments:

Post a Comment